Friday, May 10, 2013

Darby Acres Farm

Let me just brag for a moment – this is my 200th post!

Alex and I met a few new friends at Darby Acres Farm this morning. The farm is small and behind someone’s house with a lot of land. Out of our other two adventures to family farms – Bee City in Summerville, SC and Old McFaye’s Farm in Wilmington, NC – I’d say this is our favorite place so far! There were several animals to feed and pet, including llamas, alpacas, and a mini donkey! Alex was too scared to let the animals eat out of his hand, but once I showed him how to just hold out his cup, he was thrilled! He was definitely partial to the little goat that kept following him around. I guess he’s always had a thing for goats – they were his favorite at Tregembo Animal Park in Wilmington, too! After seeing all the animals, there were several antique tractors and fun ride-on toys, then a huge dirt/sand pile and playground. Alex had so much fun that I had to carry him kicking and screaming back to the car. I definitely got my work out, and I’m sure we’ll be back soon!

IMG_7531
Attempting to feed the alpaca.

IMG_7532
Check out his face – these guys make him a little nervous.

IMG_7541
He was so thrilled to have the goats so close to him!

IMG_7548
This little guy bullied his way into Alex’s cup.

IMG_7551
Alex didn’t seem to mind, though I did eventually have to pull the cup away for him.

IMG_7561
Sitting in a “go, go, go car” after checking out the antique tractors.

IMG_7573
Pure delight!

 

IMG_7577
Random Oscar Mayer Weiner car behind the bunny houses.

IMG_7584
First outdoor trampoline experience – he LOVED it! But no, we are not getting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment