Thursday, February 9, 2012

Helping With the Chores

Alex has become quite a helper. For months, he loved to pull up on the dryer door while I was moving clothes from the washer into the dryer. Now, he loves to pull the dry clothes into the laundry basket. Of course, to reach the clothes, I have to pull them onto the door, but he loves pulling them down into the basket. He also has gotten very good at closing the door. We are currently working on him not closing the door until I'm ready, instead of when I have a handful of wet clothes, but I think that's going to take a bit more work.

Alex also enjoys rearranging things. He definitely gets that from his Mommy and Daddy, considering we just rearranged the living room for the 3rd or 4th time since we moved here in July! You've already seen pictures of Alex rearranging my tupperware - now his new love is rearranging my shoes. The funny thing is, he'll keep them neat for the first minute or so, then they just end up in a big pile (as you'll see in the picture).

I turned around a few days ago and was very surprised to see Alex "watering" my plants in the bedroom. Tim and I always bring a cup of water with us to bed. Whatever water is left in the morning, I poor into our plants once or twice a week. I guess Alex has seen me do that a number of times, and now that he can reach the top of my nightstand, he decided to help out. Thank goodness the cup was empty!

IMG_3956 IMG_3957

No comments:

Post a Comment