Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Camp

Alex went to summer camp at his new preschool July 28-31 for 3 hours a day. I won’t lie – I was really nervous about this day coming! I even called his teacher, unsure about whether it was a good idea to send him to summer camp (4 days straight, 3 hours a day) when he hadn’t even officially started preschool. Miss Barrie gave me a “mommy pep-talk” and assured me he would be fine … and she was right! I think it helped that Miss Barrie ran straight to him when I brought him to the playground and gave him a huge hug, telling him, “Alex, I am so glad you are here! Let me show you the water table.” He didn’t even look back at me! Good thing, because I barely made it back to my car before busting into tears. Spencer and I drove across the street to Starbucks and enjoyed a coffee and yogurt after I collected myself.

I’m so proud of my big boy! He woke up each morning, anxious to go to school and excited to see his teachers. He learned all about water in camp – he seemed to enjoy the books and experiments the most. It was kind of hard asking a 3.5 year old all the details of his day, so we love that all the teachers at his school send emails to tell about the day. We are all so excited for him to start preschool in September (he will go Tuesday and Thursday mornings).

IMG_0321.JPG (2)
My backpack is heavy!
IMG_0325.JPG (2)
On the way to school the first day, Alex asked where I would be. I told him I would be shopping across the street. His response – “Ok, I just need to know where you are because I love you.” I LOVE that boy.
IMG_0374.JPG (2)
Showing me his boat (they learned they had to wrap it in foil for it to float).
IMG_0377.JPG (2)
Reading his new “congrats for finishing your first week of school” book.

No comments:

Post a Comment