Monday, October 1, 2012

Choo-Choo Crazy!

I guess it’s inevitable that most children go through a train obsession. I remember thinking it was the BEST THING EVER for our car to be stopped at a train so we could count all the freight cars. I also remember running across the street with my younger (male) cousins at Grandma Watzin’s house every time we heard a train whistle so we could watch the train chug by. Now I wonder, what is it about a loud chain of metal being pulled down the tracks that is so exciting?

In case you haven’t already guessed, the train obsession has entered our house. Or maybe I should call it the transportation obsession. Alex loves all things that GO! Boats, airplanes, helicopters, motorcycles, cars, trains … there is always some sort of vehicle zooming across the table/window sill/entertainment center. Choo-choos and trucks seems to be the preferred methods of transportation.

Alex has been truck crazy for a while, but a friend brought him into his choo-choo obsession after letting him ride his own personal train in the middle of his kitchen!

IMG_5506
A few weeks ago, I took Alex to the mall to ride the track-less train that meanders the inside of the mall. Alex has always been excited to watch the train, so I have been looking forward to taking him on a ride for a while. Here are a few pictures. He was so wide-eyed with wonder for the most part.

IMG_5552 IMG_5553
IMG_5546 IMG_5547

Feeding off the choo-choo frenzy, Tim and I broke out Alex’s train set he received from his Great-Grandparents Strunck last Christmas. Alex was very excited to see a new “choo-choo-choo-choo” in the middle of his living room!

IMG_5578

No comments:

Post a Comment