Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Make-Shift Train Table

Since we haven’t gotten around to making a train table for Alex, and since we don’t really have a good place to put one permanently, I’ve been saving the idea of using the coffee table as a train table for a fun indoor activity. Yesterday, Alex wasn’t in the mood to play outdoors (thank goodness – it was pretty hot and humid!) and I wasn’t in the mood to crawl around the playroom creating a new track, so I decided it was time! Here is our creation in stages:

IMG_7832
I originally had the end of the track in the middle of the table, but Alex moved it and the danger sign to be hanging “over the water”. Hehe, I love his imagination!
IMG_7834
Alex later decided the track wasn’t big enough, so we added on the piano bench AND added a circular track on the bottom level of the table. Alex pretends he is a crane and lifts train cars from one track to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment