Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother’s Day 2015

I had a great Mother’s Day! We enjoyed a lazy morning with chocolate muffins (thanks Mom!), bacon, and eggs. I also finally got to grind my new gourmet coffee beans Tim brought back from his work trip a few weeks ago … my Mother’s Day gift was a new bean grinder. The coffee was wonderful!! The boys and Tim gave me a card, then Alex remembered he had a gift and card for me from school (which I knew … I had to tell him to hide it in his dresser so I wouldn’t see it when I cleaned out his back pack). I was so proud of his hard work that I got all teary-eyed. Then Tim and I had to explain that silly Mommy cries, even when she’s really happy. Poor boy was so confused! I think what got me the most was that it’s the first time he’s written “Mom”.

After breakfast, we washed up and headed to a Lego expo. It was neat to see all the Lego creations … and we found out there’s a kid’s competition that involves building a car. There were very few entries, so we’ll have to remember to get Alex to enter next year!

I hope all my Moms and Grandmoms had a great day as well! We love you!

IMG_1346
Front of my card from Alex
IMG_1347
Inside of my card from Alex
IMG_1348
Front of bookmark from Alex
IMG_1349
Back of bookmark from Alex
IMG_1320
The curly-heads together on Mother’s Day.
IMG_1325
Mommy and her silly boys.

IMG_1330

Mommy and Spencer on Mother’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment