Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Science Class

With our Kindermusik class over, I was anxious to find something else to fill our Monday mornings. I was really excited when I remembered that the City of Wilmington offers preschool science classes at a park close to our house. Our first class was themed “animal armor” and our class next week is themed “reindeer games”. Alex and I had so much fun!

Class started with a story-time centered on the theme, followed by turtle petting! Since turtles have a shell as their “armor”, the kids were able to touch a turtle’s shell. Alex was so excited that he clapped after touching him. I hate I didn’t catch a picture, but I did get one of him watching Miss Mandy helping other students pet the turtle. We went on a hike through the park to look for more animals (we didn’t see anything!) and finished by working on a hermit crab craft. Alex was very proud of his crab!

IMG_6231
Following the turtle’s every move

IMG_6232
Alex LOVED watching the fish and turtles.

IMG_6235
He was so proud to show Daddy his crab, then gently put him on the step.

IMG_6250
I can’t wait to see what we make next week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment