Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Big Boy in a Toddler Bed!

Although our good boy still hasn’t tried getting out of his crib, he is several inches taller than the general guidelines that say it’s definitely possible for him to find a way out. We’ve been talking about putting the toddler rail on the crib since we moved and finally bit the bullet yesterday after Daddy came home. To make the occasion extra exciting, I let Alex eat his snack and juice in the crib while Daddy converted it. Alex was immediately in love and put his trucks to sleep.

IMG_7377
IMG_7378
IMG_7380

Tim and I were both very curious how bed time would work out, as we’ve heard several horror stories. Since we decided to start with the toddler rail, as opposed to a different bed, and left his bedtime routine exactly the same, we had no problems! Tim read Alex his stories, then asked if he was ready for bed. Alex jumped out of the chair, climbed into the bed, laid his head on his pillow, and asked for Tim to pull up his blanket! He was sooo good about it! I watched from the camera and cried like a baby!

I checked him several times during the night and left a soft blanket folded up under the opening in case he fell out. We had no problems! Alex fell right asleep and didn’t wake up in the middle of the night (not that I’m aware of anyway)! In the morning, he called me as usual and waited for me to come get him. I don’t think he even remembered he could get out on his own until I opened the curtain. Now the big question is … how will he do when we move the crib to the baby’s room and give him a “big boy bed”? I think we’ll try that towards the end of May.

Here’s a picture from today’s nap:

sleeping in his toddler bed

No comments:

Post a Comment