Monday, March 4, 2013

Cooking With Mommy

Alex has started taking an interest in my activities in the kitchen. Since I want him to grow up knowing how to cook healthy meals and to have an appreciation for good food, I’ve decided to find little ways for him to help around the kitchen. So far, he’s helped me dump cans of beans and corn in the colander for chili, “helped” me dice veggies, and helps unload the dishwasher. I plan on getting braver and letting him help more often – I just need to embrace the mess that will come along, too!

IMG_6895
Alex is using a butter knife to “help” dice carrots.

IMG_6945
After dumping/rinsing cans of corn and beans in a colander for chili, Alex couldn’t get enough – I ended up letting him play another twenty minutes with a bowl, the cans, and some more water.

IMG_6947
Getting fancy with his water play.

No comments:

Post a Comment