Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Discovery Place Kids

Alex and I ventured off to the Discovery Place Kids Museum in Huntersville today. We’ve been once before with Tim, but that was on a Saturday, and it was really crowded! I was hoping for a smaller crowd today … but I forgot about field trips! I never looked forward to field trips when I was teaching, and boy was I glad to be out of the classroom after seeing the teachers trying to reign their kids back in today. Thank goodness Alex and I arrived around lunch time, meaning the students were only there for 45 minutes or so before leaving. Once they left, Alex seemed much more comfortable, and we were able to stay another 2 hours before realizing how hungry we were.

Here are some pictures of the fun:

IMG_7132
Alex remembered the water table from last time and headed straight for it when we arrived.

IMG_7136
The 2 story brick factory was quite a hit again. Alex’s favorite part is moving the wagon around and collecting (foam) bricks to put back on the conveyor belts.

IMG_7137
The moveable ramps and curves are a lot of fun. Alex just loves to use someone else’s setup, roll the ball, and say, “whee!”

IMG_7138
The airport exhibit was a big hit this visit. Alex especially loved rolling the suitcase through the security check point.

IMG_7146
After the school groups left, I let him tackle the climbing tower. Last time, I went up with him, but since I’m much more pregnant, and the museum was much less crowded, I told him he was on his own. I love how he would always look for me and give me a big grin!

IMG_7148
Even with his big head, he had a hard time balancing his hat while driving the (real) fire truck.

IMG_7160
Now that Alex enjoys pretend play, especially with play kitchens and play food, he loved the grocery store. Being a responsible adult, I tried picking up some of the chaos left behind by the school groups, so Alex decided to help “pick up”. He may not have a future as a grocery stocker …

IMG_7162
Alex and I just added windshield wiper fluid to the Altima the other day … think he remembered?

IMG_7167
This makes me want our boat back … until I remember how miserable it is to boat while preggers!

We had a lot of fun, and now he’s taking a nice long nap. Thank goodness, because I’m exhausted, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment